IPPFA Membership offers more than just quality training
Since 1985 the IPPFA has been the leader in public pension trustee training hosting regional seminars held throughout the state, The IPPFA Illinois Pension Conference held each spring and our national MidAmerican Pension Conference each fall. Our MidAmerican conference draws over 1,100 attendee each year from around the country. The IPPFA was also the first to offer a 32-hour trustee certification program starting in 1999. In fact, when the state made 32-hour trustee certification mandatory in 2009, the legislature used the IPPFA Certified Trustee Program as its model to draft the statute. Speakers and instructors are professionals in their respective fields, working with public pension funds on a daily basis. All this training is offered to IPPFA members at a savings of 50% over non-members.
IPPFA Member Benefits:
- The IPPFA provides experienced Lobbyists in Springfield to protect the Defined Benefit system and to make sure promises made are promises kept. Over the years the legislature has proposed many bills that could have been a detriment to the Downstate funds had they become law and the IPPFA able to prevent these bills from progressing. And the fight is far from over.
- The IPPFA was instrumental in forming The IRS Qualified Plan Coalition- By forming this coalition each and every Downstate Police & Fire pension fund saved $20,000.00 in IRS fees.
- The IPPFA can offer its members a list of investment and legal professionals that have already been vetted.
- The availability of FREE on-line training for members.
- The availability of the IPPFA 457 plan, usually with lower fees than other 457 vendors.
- Availability of the IPPFA VEBA health insurance plan.
- Referrals to medical professionals for disability hearings or IME’s.