Ken started his Law Enforcement career in the United States Army serving as a Military Police Officer. Ken’s duties included the following: Senior Military Police Officer, Patrol Supervisor, and Desk Sergeant for an entire military base. Ken received an Honorable discharge from the United States Army in 1976.
Ken finished his Law Enforcement career at Barrington-Inverness Police Department after serving 31 years. During his years with the police department Ken has made numerous accomplishments, including:
- Creating, training, organizing, and supervising the Honor Guard Unit.
- Creating, training, organizing, and supervising the Truck Enforcement Unit.
- Creating, training, and organizing the Major Crash Investigation Team, along with being the Lead crash investigator.
- Established and created the physical options for the Women’s self defense program. Trained the other instructors in the simple techniques used, along with being the primary physical instructor and technical coordinator.
- Was volunteered to be a member of the Northern Illinois Police Alarm System Mobile Field Force. Specialties: Crowd control, riot control, and high risk rescue.
- Is a certified Field Training Officer for new police officers. Ken has been involved in the program for 20 years.
Ken retired from the Barrington-Inverness Police on May 1st 2009. Ken’s duties with the IPPFA include but not limited to website development and coordinator, facebook and twitter coordinator, Online Training, and Conference Planning/Organizing.