IPPFA Membership offers more than just quality training
Since 1985, the IPPFA has been the leader in public pension trustee training hosting regional seminars held throughout the state. Two annual conferences are held each year: the IPPFA Illinois Pension Conference is held in the spring, and our national MidAmerican Pension Conference is held in the fall. Our MidAmerican Pension Conference draws over 1,100 attendee each year from around the country.
The IPPFA was the first to offer a 32-hour trustee certification program starting in 1999. In fact, when the state made 32-hour trustee certification mandatory in 2009, the legislature used the IPPFA Certified Trustee Program as its model to draft the statute. Speakers and instructors are professionals in their respective fields, working with public pension funds on a daily basis. All of this training is offered to IPPFA Members at a savings of 50% over Non-IPPFA Members.
IPPFA Member Benefits:
- The IPPFA provides experienced Lobbyists in Springfield to protect the Defined Benefit system and to make sure promises made are promises kept.
- The IPPFA was instrumental in forming The IRS Qualified Plan Coalition. By forming this coalition, each and every Downstate Police & Fire pension fund saved $20,000.00 in IRS fees.
- The IPPFA can offer its members a list of investment and legal professionals that have already been vetted.
- The availability of the IPPFA 457 plan, usually with lower fees than other 457 vendors.
- Availability of the IPPFA VEBA health insurance plan.
- Referrals to medical professionals for disability hearings or IME’s.